The web browser developed by Microsoft
Rivalry between the different web browsers is terrifying, but everyone always remembers Internet Explorer because it was one of the first to be launched. Despite the fact that the rest of companies have launched applications that are capable of overshadowing Microsoft's browser, Internet Explorer is still one of the most widespread web browsers, mainly due to being distributed together with Windows operating systems. Internet Explorer 8 is one of the latest versions to be launched.
Higher speed, better performance and more security whilst browsing
Once you download Internet Explorer 8 you'll obtain an optimized version of the browser that offers new and improved features with which it has maintained that leading position. Internet Explorer 8 includes all kinds of improvements developed for its final user, that range from the increase of the browsing speed and improve the compatibility with the W3C standards.
- New InPrivate private browsing mode: access the web maintaining your privacy with this new system, that is also known as 'porno mode', that avoids the browsing history being stored.
- Web Slice: allows IE8 to detect the latest changes and new contents on your favorite website and to provide you with information about them from the favorites bar.
- Use accelerators to increase the speed when carrying out various ordinary tasks.
- Carry out intelligent searches using your favorite suppliers. Obtain suggestions as you write to obtain related text or images.
- New compatibility view: view websites designed for versions prior to IE8.
- Improve your security on the Internet with the SmartScreen filter, a new anti-phishing filter for the reception and delivery of emails.
- Automatic Crash Recovery (ACR): if Internet Explorer 8 suffers problems and blocks while being used or it closes down, launch this option to recover the tabs that you had open.
Even more innovations that you shouldn't miss
The visual changes to Internet Explorer 8 are minimal compared to previous versions. Nevertheless, you'll find new and exciting functions in what regards to how it is used. As well as those we have already detailed, you will have access to a new plug-in manager for Internet Explorer 8 to easily install and uninstall these components as well as the bothersome toolbars.
A new quick open tab viewer or the suggested websites function that offers websites that are similar to the website that you're visiting complete the range of new features of IE8.
You can now get hold of Internet Explorer 8 and download one of the best browsers available free of charge.
- Works on Windows XP (32-bit and 64-but) SP2 or above and Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit).